[Ansteorra] lost branches

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Jun 30 15:14:33 PDT 2010

Do you know the history behind these group names? Perhaps why they chose those names and whether their armory had any connection to this?

Unconnected to Coblaith's effort, I'm interested in collecting the stories behind SCA placenames for these files in the SCA-STORIES section of the Florilegium. I'd love it if people would check the branches they might know the history of, and if they aren't mentioned in these files, send me material to add:
placenames-msg (110K) 10/ 4/00 Origins and meanings of SCA placenames.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/STORIES/placenames-msg.html

placenames2-msg (96K) 10/25/09 More origins and meanings of SCA placenames.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/STORIES/placenames2-msg.html

Thanks,
  Stefan

--------