[Ansteorra] lost branches

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 30 16:22:01 PDT 2010

Thanks so much for doing this... very cool.

You have a listing for the 'Shire of Dun Bruthain', which I believe is actually supposed to be the 'Canton of Dun Druthain', a canton in the west side of town for Stargate, that eventually became the 'Canton of Westgate'.  I'm posting it to the list, in the event I'm wrong; I don't believe it was ever a shire, but rather a canton.

According to the (still online) Westgate website, Westgate has three different name incarnations, as it attempted to pass all of them through the College of Arms, to no avail, and eventually settled on the finally registered:  'Westgate'.
Westgate's site:   http://westgate.ansteorra.org/history.html
Those former names are:
Dun Bruadair (1990), followed by Dun Bruadail and then Dun Brothain.  (kinda stuck on a theme back then).

During the rest of this year, I'll try to send/setup some info on further history, before it's lost to time and memory.
But, if you want to make those additional adjustments for prior branches, I'd be appreciative.

Cheers, Hillary