[Ansteorra] Ansteorran Star

HerrDetlef herrdetlef at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 22:10:48 PST 2010

To make a geometrically correct Ansteorran star:

Trace a circle around a protractor.
Mark every 72 degrees on the circle.
Draw five lines connecting adjacent marks, and continue those lines until
they intersect, forming the five greater points.
Bisect the line segments from mark to adjacent mark (the five segments form
a pentagon).
Draw five lines connecting the bisecting marks, and continue THOSE lines
until they intersect, forming the five lesser points.

I did this years ago when I made a pair of Ansteorran heralds' tabards. They
actually came out really well.

DT+LF