[Ansteorra] ASL at Court

marlyna at aol.com marlyna at aol.com
Thu Mar 11 18:56:34 PST 2010

Maybe some time at Warlord????

Marlyna

-----Original Message-----
From: Silly String <sillystring13 at gmail.com>
To: Kingdom of Ansteorra - SCA, Inc. <ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org>
Sent: Thu, Mar 11, 2010 9:16 am
Subject: Re: [Ansteorra] ASL at Court

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 9:00 AM, Liz Wilson <ewilson618 at tx.rr.com> wrote:
> If it would be permitted,
> I really like the idea of using ASL at Court because
> as we all know, it is sometimes very difficult to hear what is going
> on, especially when the Crown is being addressed and the speaker
> has his or her back to the audience.

Perhaps at some of the larger kingdom events we could borrow from the
popular mundane idea of a "silent dinner" and have a brief, "silent
solar" to help people practice their skills and to share signs that
are specific to SCA.  Silent dinners are popular in towns with large
Deaf populations and/or interpretor programs.  Typically folks meet at
a mall food court and its a chance for people of all skills to
practice their signing skills.  Really all we would need is a time and
a place to meet :)

- Helene von Braunschweig