[Ansteorra] Pronunciation was Re: "Ansteorran: of or pertaining to the Kingdom of Ansteorra"

Richard Culver rbculver at sbcglobal.net
Sat Mar 13 11:57:31 PST 2010

From: HerrDetlef <herrdetlef at gmail.com>

How much experience do you have with Ælfric, Richard?

[Wihtric]  Only what I am exposed to this semester of Old English.  I technically in the undergrad course but am attending the graduate with permission.  Are snippets are pretty bearable.  When my wife took it from the same professor, he did much more Ælfric then.  He is not as big on the Heroic poetry as I would like as I thrive there.  I am still finishing my BA in History with a double minor in English (Linguistics concentration) and German (rusty as all dickens)-- 20 years after starting.  I picked up Old English as a hobby and am mostly self-taught.  Language serves as a good replacement for music which I lost do to injury.

Wihtric