[Ansteorra] Pronunciation was Re: "Ansteorran: of or pertaining to the Kingdom of Ansteorra"

HerrDetlef herrdetlef at gmail.com
Sat Mar 13 17:09:58 PST 2010

I was trying to spell it as I learned to pronounce it. The actual spelling
of the name is Kjøbenhavn, and the rules that I learned were that "kj" is
pronounced as "hy" ("y" as in "yacht" and not as in "hyper"), and "v" is
pronounced as "u". I wince just a little when I hear people call it
CopenHAYgen.

P&B,
DT+LF
Detlef