[Ansteorra] Question about Baton Rouge

Alden Drake alden_drake at sbcglobal.net
Sat Mar 13 17:52:07 PST 2010

I wasn't detoured, but I got to about 10 miles from the Missssippi River bridge and traffic slowed to a crawl.  I got to Picayune an hour and a half later than m GPS said I should have.  I didnt see any accidents or significant construction, though I did see signs for lanes closed between 10pm and 6-8am.  What I did see was a LOT of spring break traffic!  And a word of caution, be watchful in stop and go traffic for people who like to fly up along the right shoulder.  One college kid thought he was so smart until the 18-wheeler in front of me pulled onto the shoulder to block him out.  And of course none of us on the actual road had any great compunction to let the guy back onto the road.  Eventually, someone let him on and he worked his way up the left lane to pass the semi, which he promptly gave a....well, let's call it a wave. :)

Traffic is crazy everywhere, I'm sure.  Be patient  You'll get there.

Cheers,
Alden