[Ansteorra] Funeral arrangements for Lady Lorraine Fraser

Diana Steelquist baroness_cateau at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 17 12:27:39 PDT 2010

Below please find information regarding the services planned for our friend, Lorraine Fraser.  This information was gathered from her close friend, Annalies Pferdehirt.

"The funeral will be held at her farm outside of Needville, Texas at 2:00 (SCA time) on Thursday, March 18, 2010. All are invited to attend. If you feel like it, bring food or drink, as we will be having a pot luck. Think of it as a wake or farewell party for Laura. There will be a bonfire once it starts getting dark. The address is 16916 Brumbelow Road, Needville.

The family had a part of the farm declared a family cemetary by the state of Texas, and she wanted an old fashion type of funeral, just her, her shroud and her pine coffin.  The members of the Elk Lodge that her husband Mike (Lord Charles) belongs too, came out Sunday and put in the trees and flowers that she wanted, in the places that she wanted them.  She actually saw pictures of her "Memorial Park" before she passed away.

In Laura's own hand I give you the directions to the farm, from SW 59:

Take hwy 59 south to the FM 2759/99 exit. 2759 is also called Crabb River road. Turn South, under 59. stay in middle lane, as side lanes become turn only. Travel 2.4 miles to junction of 2759 and 762.( traffic light and RR crossing) Go straight through intersection. (2759 turns off). You are now on FM 762. Drive 9 miles to junction with FM 1994. Flashing light. Go straight, as 762 turns off. Travel 3.4 miles to another flashing light. 1994 doglegs here. Turn left, and drive 1 more mile to Brumbelow road. There is a green street sign right before intersection, but no stop sign, or light, on 1994. Turn left. The farm is 2.5 miles down on the right. There is a red and white No Tresspassing sign on the double gate, and the numbers : 16916 on a wooden post out front. I should be there, so gate will be unlocked."

I'd like to add my sincerest condolences to the family.  May the Lord grant them peace.

Cateau d'Ardennes
"Deeds not words"