[Ansteorra] Gulf Wars amenities

James Crouchet james at crouchet.com
Mon Mar 1 22:56:58 PST 2010

Food court is quite limited compared with Pensic because the site owner
limits it. OTOH, he has a meal plan he offers and a small cafeteria. The
meal plan is basic food, not far from school cafeteria stuff. If you are
looking to fill the belly for the week most people will find it passable.

I understand that those few places they do have in the food court are tasty.
If you are thinking of going out to eat, it is a ways to restaurants so plan
about 2.5 hours for the roundtrip and meal.

I have not used the showers in years since we bring our own. Nice to hear
those are a little better now.

The porta-pottys are ok if you use them intelligently. The ones in the
highest traffic areas will have the most issues so go to the ones off the
main road if possible. The ones on the main road and near any hard-drinking
areas (7 Deadly Sins party, Tavern, Known world party) will get quite gross
after midnight as some doofs always get too drunk to aim and sometimes
contribute a bonus barf to make your porta-potty experience...memorable.
Avoid those and you and Jr. should be fine.

The roads got a serious upgrade from FIMA after Katrina ripped the place
apart. Your tax dollars at work. They were still ok last year. Some areas of
the campground can mud up in a big rain though.

Christian Doré