[Ansteorra] Pronunciation was Re: "Ansteorran: of or pertaining to the Kingdom of Ansteorra"

Richard Culver rbculver at sbcglobal.net
Sat Mar 13 00:03:28 PST 2010

________________________________

From: HerrDetlef <herrdetlef at gmail.com>

[Wihtric]  Okay I think I now see what you are getting at.  That term, Ansteorra, does not exist.  I have been talking about what kingdom forefathers (and mothers) constructed the name from and around.  They specifically wanted to play with the idea of the Lone Star- yes being Texas-centric.  In doing so they constructed it in the same fashion as anstapa, thus being a compound word, not a an indefinite article or simply a number, but as "lone, sole".  It otherwise is a made-up name.  In passing a name, certainly back then, the elements simply had to exist, not documentation that the name did or how feasible it was.  As I said when I first posted on this, it likely would not pass muster today.

So let me ask you this: How many syllables are in the name "Ansteorra"?

[Wihtric]  Three, divided thus an-steor-ra.

Wihtric

I saw "se steorra" all over the place.

I'm still not sure what context you are talking about. Am I missing
something? I've been taking cold meds all evening, and my plane of existence
today could very well be sliding past something important. I've never seen
the word "ansteorra" in any OE text.