[Ansteorra] Pronunciation was Re: "Ansteorran: of or pertaining to the Kingdom of Ansteorra"

HerrDetlef herrdetlef at gmail.com
Sat Mar 13 11:47:53 PST 2010

I've never completely gotten Ælfric. I did my master's thesis on his
translation of the "Life of Saint Agnes," and the original OE sounds really
bizarre next to some of the original OE poetry. I don't know if he was
trying to Anglicize too many Latin words, or coin words that never existed
before, or just what, but Ælfric's prose always sounded slightly artificial.
How much experience do you have with Ælfric, Richard?

P&B,
DT+LF
Detlef