[Ansteorra] For those of you with $185, 000 just lying around...

Jay Rudin rudin at peoplepc.com
Mon May 3 18:43:11 PDT 2010

Eve wrote:

>I guess I just don't trust e-bay or most of the sellers on it, and
>while I'll take the plunge on something worth less than $100 (and
>occasionally get burned) I'm never going to drop serious cash there.
>Why put something like this up on e-bay and not a more standard
>auction-house style auction or are these sorts of items so common that
>they just aren't worth the time of larger auction houses? Why say that
>something is signed by a certain binder and not include an image of
>this signature?
>
>Maybe in the grand scheme of things 185K isn't big money in
>manuscripts, but I'd be mighty suspicious just the same. I just
>distrust e-bay I guess.

If it's a hoax, it's an excellent one, far above what I expect from ebay.  And I *was* suspicious until I heard from experts.

Also, I suspect that anybody bidding on this will require a personal inspection by a qualified expert.  For my part, if I were in the market for such a thing, I'd insist on it.  And Mistress Serena and Master Cynric (Diane Rudin and Robert Ferrell) are both on my extremely short list of qualified experts.

Robin of Gilwell / Jay Rudin