[Ansteorra] ATTENTION !!! New NMS amount effective July 1

Charles Ó Floinn charles.ofloinn at gmail.com
Sat May 8 19:00:32 PDT 2010

NEW MEMBERSHIP RATE AND NMS BEGINS JULY 1

The Central Regional Exchequer, Lord Alasdair MacEogan, published the
following very well written article on the REDTAPE list.

quote

I know that it may seem a little early to remind people or not
necessary, but I have run into people that either forgot or never
heard about this for some reason.  I also know that plans are underway
and ads and websites are being created for events in the July and
later time-frame.

So that being said remember that according the the SCA Financial
Announcement that came out on February 17th,

insert:  http://www.sca.org/BOD/announcements/finance.html

"It must be noted first and foremost- the projected break-even budget
for 2010 is based on one critical change; membership rates will be
increase by $2, effective July 1, 2010. This will be matched with a $2
increase in the NMS. We in no way want to discourage new participants
from “trying us out”, however, the Board feels strongly that
participating non members should also contribute to the organization.
"

So that means when ads/websites are created and any publicizing of
your event occurs please remember to list the NMS as $5 and not the
current $3.

Regards,
Alasdair

end quote

In short, the $2 increase to the cost for MEMBERSHIP and the $2 change to
the NMS begins in just about 8 weeks (just 50 some days away)  The first
in-Kingdom event to be effected by this change will be our Crown
Tournament to be held the second weekend of July.

Thank you for your time,
--
ld Charles Ó Floinn

Charles Flynn