[Ansteorra] Gervase of Tilbury: Otia Imperialia

Jay Rudin rudin at peoplepc.com
Tue May 11 05:49:26 PDT 2010

Willow asked:

>I am trying to find some of Gervase of Tibury book "The book of Wonders" in English. It has a lot of medieval legends in it and it sounds interesting.
>There is an English trans. but it is very expensive. I could not find a library it might be in.
>Can anyone help me locate part of it or all of it.

According to Wikipedia, this is one of several names given to his "Otia Imperiala".  There's an online version here:

http://books.google.com/books?id=8OZiItqneFsC&dq=Otia+imperialia&printsec=frontcover&source=bn&hl=en&ei=9FDpS9vWI4T48AaB5MXiDg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=4&ved=0CCQQ6AEwAw#v=onepage&q=Otia%20imperialia&f=false

Robin of Gilwell / Jay Rudin