[Ansteorra] A&S at Outlands Battlemoor

BennetBev at aol.com BennetBev at aol.com
Tue May 25 14:14:51 PDT 2010

Outlands Battlemoor: Mountain Crusades is fast approaching. There  are
fabulous opportunities to learn and share knowledge as well as compete in  the
Arts and Sciences. Listed below are some of the classes, competitions and
activities. For more detail, including description, date, time and location of
 each listing, please visit _www.Battlemoor.org_
(http://www.battlemoor.org/)
On the web site you’ll also find Battlemoor Event Registration  details,
information on RV camping & paid reserved parking and much, much  more. Please
take a moment and register. We are all looking forward to welcoming  our
friends to Battlemoor!
Please forward as appropriate.
See you there!
Mistress Bennet Murray
On behalf of the Battlemoor Staff
Classes
Turban  Tying
History  of the Templars
Overview  of the Crusades
Medieval  Astronomy &  Stargazing
Fall  of Acre
Historical  Basis for the Battlemoor Scenarios
Hats (making  of)
Middle  Eastern Music  & Drumming (3 separate classes)
Henna
Middle Eastern Dance (4 separate  classes)
An  Overview of Persian Women’s Clothing
Herb  Walk
Butter-Making & Making Mozzarella Cheese in Camp
Rug  Making
Metal  Thread Embroidery
Inkle  Inspirations
Tablet  Weaving (2 separate classes)
Finger-loop  braiding
Spinning  (2 separate classes)
Medieval  Dye Pot (parts 1  & 2)
Warped  Weavers
Lucet  Lunatics
Knit-Wits
Artisan’s  Row/Living Arts
Battlemoor will host an area where you can watch and learn as  artisans
share their knowledge and work on their crafts. Artisans  include:
Barony of Caer Galen’s Textile Pavilion
Doña Theresa’s Period Kitchen
Master Wilelm’s Forge
Arts and Sciences  Competitions
Brewers Competition
Cookie Competition
Arts as Art: Battlemoor A&S Competition
Sock Wars
Blank Scroll Competition
Chess Tournament
Siege  Cooking
Games Tent
Thursday through Sunday, the Games Tent will be open from 10 a.m.  to 4
p.m. daily. Game pieces, dice and instructions for several period games  will
be provided.