[Ansteorra] Queen's Championhighl

Suzi Moore suzipdm at hotmail.com
Sun May 16 07:06:55 PDT 2010

Greetings to all!
I have information that I wished to share with the rapier community so please feel free to cross-post as needed.
Queen's Champion will be held on May 22, 2010 in Fort Worth.  Please see the Black Star ad or the website for directions to the site.  http://www.icarusmediadesign.com/queens/
The tournament will be divided into two parts: the first part will be a traditional Swiss Five and the second part will be a single elimination tree.  If you wish to participate in Queen's Champion, but know you are unable to fulfill the duties of being Queen's Champion, you may fight in the Swiss Five and opt out before the second part of the tournament.  In fact, everyone is "highly" encouraged to fight in the first half of the tournament.
On the day of the tournament, Her Majesty will choose the weapon styles for each round of the Swiss Five.  Be sure to bring all your toys and extras to share!  The second part of the tournament will be fighters' choice of weapons style.  Depending on the time available, the second part of the tournament may be two out of three or a single fight.  Bring your cut and thrust equipment also, if a matched pair of fighters are both authorized and willing to fight cut and thrust, it will be encouraged.
The Queen's Hope tournament will be run in between the two halves of the Queen's Champion tournament.  The format will be determined based on the number of entrants.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me off-list at suzipdm at hotmail.comI will endeavor to answer them to the best of my ability and knowledge.  However (mundane stuff coming here), next week is a state testing week at school (dreaded TAKS) and I will not be able to answer during the day.
Hope to see you on Saturday, Lady Micola Soranzo.