[Ansteorra] Warlord Hafla - Saturday Night

Donita Len Schubert SCHUBERT_DONITA_LEN at LILLY.COM
Tue May 25 10:14:51 PDT 2010

Greetings To All!

There will be a fun and exciting Hafla/competition in the Great Hall
Saturday night after court!  ALL LEVELS of dancer are encouraged to
attend/participate!  I am currently in the process of organizing the flow
of the evening show and would greatly welcome a bit of information from
participating dancers.

As our autocrat mentioned in his former missive, live OR RECORDED music is
just fine.  I will enforce a strict 4 minute time limit on each competition
dancer.  Documentation is not required, but encouraged either written or
oral.  All dancers will need to check in at troll and sign up for the
competition on the sign in sheet.  Cutoff for sign-up for the competition
is 3pm Saturday.  There will be a short gathering/meeting for competition
participants in the great hall prior to the competition, time TBA, stay
tuned.

If you would like to use recorded music, please let me know.  I will be
bringing a MP3 player as well as a large speaker/sound system.  (I am
working on the sound system tonight).  I would HATE to be the one
responsible for a music failure!  If you have a portable sound system that
you are comfortable bringing and plays your music, PLEASE BRING IT!!!  If
you have your music on an ipod, I will be able to play it (fingers
crossed).....please, please, please don't arrive with an untested "just
burned it" cd.....part of the meeting Saturday afternoon will be testing
music.  The short message is this - I am trying my best to have a great
multipurpose/multi functional music system - But this is my first time to
run a hafla with recorded music and I don't want to be the cause of dancer
tears.

If you would like to help with the Hafla, run music, HELP WITH
FOOD/BEVERAGE, Want to preform - but not enter the contest, or generally
keep me from falling over - I will love you for ever and ever!!!  Please
call me at 817-300-4729 and we will chat!!!

If you know that you want to dance in the show/competition Saturday night,
please reply back to me at donitaschubert at hotmail.com (you can email me
your mp3 there too, if you wish)

I am very excited about this party!!! it is going to be a ball!!!  Looking
forward to seeing everyone there!!!

Lady Toryn Seven-Stitches

PS log into the Twitter feed for Warlord 2010 at SCAWarlord at twitter.com -
PLEASE FORWARD THIS LETTER TO OTHER LISTS