[Ansteorra] Why aren't we doing this?

Lori C. countesskat at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 2 09:17:25 PDT 2010

> then-King Inman called for no more carpet armor on the field and it
> was made so.

It is good to also remember that HG Inman - a master armorer at that time - worked very hard to provide "starter kits" for new fighters. For those not around way back in the 80s... these were affordable sets of helm/elbow cops/knee cops (mine was @ $75). He made the edict, sure, but he also worked hard to make it possible for new people to join in affordably.

If we're going to push "period" kits, even for newcomers who aren't sure they want to do this over the long-term, I hope our armor merchants will play along and help make it affordable. I was in several discussions at Namron Protectorate about the cost of new helms in particular... and I have to say that if I were a new fighter today I would be very discouraged at the hefty cash outlay just to get into armor and get on the field.

~ Kat MacLochlainn