[Ansteorra] Legasaltive morality.
Eric W. Brown
Brown.EricW at jobcorps.org
Tue Nov 2 13:03:40 PDT 2010
Re: Atlantias "Look Period Dammit" rule:
In short: I'm against it. Legislating that kind of stuff bad, Fixing it your self good.
< Caladin blunt speak on , If you can't handle blunt straightforward brutally honest speech, exit this message now>
Also I think some plastic looks "okay" whole others looks terrible, so I have separate issues with
The specific wording of the Atlantian law. I think this approach is wrong on many levels.
We should attack the Low Hanging fruit, work on the worst offenders first. Not set a bar that will drive folks out.
In summation here is what I think the problem is:
1. We need to keep the barrier to entry as low as possible for newcomers, this is critical to growing our game.
2. BUT We need to encourage new comers to get out of "Asstastic" armor as soon as they can.
3. We need to STRONGLY encourage older fighters to hide or replace ugly blatantly & modern armor.
My solution All Carrot, no Stick:
1. Each of you that think legislating this is a good idea, Pick the worst most offensive fighter you know.
And make him garb and armor that can be hidden. Hidden armor is good armor, you can get all the sport effectiveness you want and still look Seksay! You get what you want, he gets what he wants, win win. If you are not _already_ doing this, then you don't care enough about the issue for you opinion to be counted IMHO, and you should be ignored henceforth.
2. Legislate to make Fighting awards have a certain minimum understood Period kit look. If you can't be a centurion
If you have exposed Plastic in any color but black, Or as Spun Dome Helmet. those 5 year in fighters with Blue Pickle barrel legs will magically become motivated to get rid of them or cover them up. IF they don't' care about getting a Sable Falcon or a Talon, then we can apply rule # 1. A simple as adding to the Charters "a fighter cannot get this award if they have blatantly modern kit" Would do an amazing amount of good.
<Blunt speak off>
More information about the Ansteorra