[Ansteorra] Legasaltive morality.

rose_welch at yahoo.com rose_welch at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 2 14:05:56 PDT 2010

It's not just means that keep people from participating in the Period Parade. You also have to care about those aspects of history.

For instance, my love lies in in the paper arts and sciences. I don't care about costuming (What's the point of nice garb, if you're just going to get paint on it, anyway?), I think period tents are neat but more money that I care to spend (Do you know how much gold foil and quality goauche I can get for the cost of one French bell?), and my nylon camp chair is _comfortable_, so why should I have to spend time and money and effort making sure that my clothing, tent, and chairs are perfect?

I don't mind making an attempt - and I sit in the back at court and feast, and keep my dome tent in areas with other dome tents - but I'm not going to go crazy over it, either.

I will say that anyone who wants me to cover my nylon chair is welcome to give me a cover, and I'll use it. Anyone who doesn't like my garb can make me new garb. If it's comfortable and I like it, I'll wear it. And so on...

In other words, if you want me to more perfectly recreate a historical artist, then you are going to have to more perfectly recreate a historical patron. :D

-R

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile