[Ansteorra] Why aren't we doing this?

Robert G. Ferrell rgferrell at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 11:56:41 PDT 2010

On 11/2/2010 1:24 PM, Traci wrote:

> Yes, our society strives for historical accuracy but it is not 100
> *required*.

The SCA is not historically accurate.  Not even a little bit.  At best,
we are a vague re-creation of a Victorian concept of the idealized
Middle Ages.

That does not mean individuals within the SCA cannot strive for
historical accuracy to some extent.  Let's be sure we understand the
distinction between the Society and the individual, however, lest we
beat our heads against the wall until we swell up and fall over all bruised.

Just some advice from an old-timer with scars.

Cynric