[Ansteorra] A Storm is Brewing

Michelle Dodd lygabrielerdb at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 4 21:19:28 PDT 2010

We had a lawsuit locally recently that lends itself to this discussion. A restaurant manager had left his job, gone a couple of miles down the street & opened his own restaurant, with very similar recipes. When the first restaurant tried to sue, the judge said that recipes can't be copyrighted due to the fact that they can be de-constructed to a similar result.

But articles, even published on the web, can and usually are copyrighted. So the editor besides being rude, was just stupid.

Gabriele

The pursuit of truth and beauty is a sphere of activity in which we are allowed to remain children all our lives. (Albert Einstein)