[Ansteorra] Lead I'm sorry

willowdewisp at juno.com willowdewisp at juno.com
Thu Nov 11 16:01:49 PST 2010

I will agree with you that Lead is bad and I am sorry I even suggested that it was OK.
I just meant if you were given a lead crystal goblet and you put wine in it and drink one glass of wine I questions how much lead you get.  But you are right any lead is bad. . Some of the antique things we  own may have lead in them. I have a set of lead crystal goblets. Once I learned of the chance of lead I stopped using them.
In fact the good china that I got from my Grandmother did have lead. I had it tested after reading about a family who suffered from lead poisoning. The family who got sick had used their china everyday.
 My family got all upset because we had eaten of it for 21 years at Christmas, Thanksgiving and Easter. My sister got herself checked out and had no noticeable lead in her system. We stopped using the China.
I agree that we should not give it as a gift. I have stopped using the Old pewter goblet I had and I always tell people if I question the item.  I always warn new comers about Old pewter.
Thank you for clearing that up. I wasn't aware of new information. I haven't really heard much about lead since they warned us about playing with lead figures.
right now I have egg all over my face. Boy, I feel stupid.
I hope everyone will forgive me.
willow
willow