[Ansteorra] Can't find things at a thrift store?

willowdewisp at juno.com willowdewisp at juno.com
Thu Nov 11 16:45:26 PST 2010

I find that concept strange but I bet it is because we are looking for different things.
I went to community Thrift in Tulsa and found so many things that I had to take many back.
I found
One blue glass tankard that had knights on it. It was molded glass and very period from roman times.
one gold plated drinking bowl ( it might have been a dessert bowl) it had a great shape
7 silver plated plates.
One strand of lamp work beads
a lamp shade covered with blue lampwork glass beads
A late period mirror with angels on it casted in metal. The mirror is broken but I can replace that.
I also found a 18 inch gothic candle stick and  two standing 4 foot candle needles but I didn't need them.
i got the the drinking bowl and the blue tankard and the lampshade and the broken mirror and with my senior discount it cost 6 dollars and tax. I tried to get the blue glass tankard on Ebay and lost it. I believe it went for 12.00.
yes, it is true that sometimes I don't find things but I love looking.
willow