[Ansteorra] Ideas for gifts for Christmas

Bree Flowers evethejust at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 21:39:47 PST 2010

In other countries there are BIG merchanting festivals for all
recreators (not just SCA and not just for medieval themed groups).
Apparently there are two big ones annually in England. People come in
plain clothes and they sell wares for all periods from Stone Age right
up to Victorian.And in Scandinavia somewhere someone was telling me
about a "Viking Marketplace" where local craftspeople sell traditional
crafts, many of which date back to our period.

I would totally support an all-merchanting event. Heck isn't that the
main reason to go to the big wars?

~Eve