[Ansteorra] great gift Idea for gift exchange

Bree Flowers evethejust at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 20:48:16 PST 2010

The known World Handbook was included in the list of the top 10 books
every SCA library should hold:
http://web.mac.com/ianuk/Ianuk/Class_Handouts.html
This is a neat handout because the top 10 are basically some books
that will get you a pretty broad, and general knowledge of our period
and then she includes another section with extra books at the end for
people who want to go a little deeper on any of the subjects covered.
What was really excellent about this handout though was not just the
list, but the fact that she explained her choices. Totally worth a
read.

You may not agree with every book on the list, and if you don't let's
have some discussion about what your favorite general interest books
are! But it's a great starting point for those seeking to establish a
library.

~Eve

On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 8:11 PM, willowdewisp at juno.com