[Ansteorra] Join Seawinds for the Ingleside Renaissance Faire Demo

Roysen AriManna glassrose_95 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 14 09:43:39 PST 2010

Shire of Seawinds

Invites the populace of Ansteorra to join us as we participate in our annual demo at

the Ingleside Renaissance Faire December 11th and 12th, 2010

Food, Fun, Mayhem, and Destruction

We will be representing the SCA, showing the public who we are and what we do.  We

are providing a medieval atmosphere and entertainment for the faire patrons.  Enjoy the weekend dressed in your best garb and playing your favorite persona.

Faire hours are from 10am to 5pm Saturday and Sunday.

Seawinds invites all artisans of the realm who would like to demonstrate their craft to

come down and set-up under our pavilion.  Share your craft with others or come

be inspired by others who share their craft. Please contact Lady AriManna for more details at : glassrose_95 at yahoo.com

Fighters of Chivalric and Rapier!  Make your way to this lyst field for there is

good fighting to be had in Ingleside: Melee, Bear Pit, and Mini Lyst, to name but

a few.  Are their no Knights, Centurions, Dons, Cadets – or anyone who

loves a good battle – to demonstrate their skills for the good gentles of

the faire? Please contact Lord Helgar for more details at: byronweber at gmail.com

The Schedule of Weekend Events

10am(ish) – Chivalric Fighting

11am – Equestrian Activities

12 noon – Rapier Fighting

1 pm – Chivalric Fighting

2 pm (Saturday) – Break to support wedding

2pm (Sunday) – Break for costume contest

3 pm – Equestrian Activities

4pm – Rapier Fighting

Seawinds will be providing hospitality Friday night, as well as breakfast and lunch both

Saturday and Sunday.  On Saturday night, we anticipate a wild game dinner followed by fellowship around a fire pit or two.  Please contact Lord Jeffery with any food allergies you may need addressed at : coyotedreamer at gmail.com

The tentative meal offerings for your enjoyment (subject to change):
Friday: 5pm – Hospitality (Beef Stew ) and treats

Saturday: 9am – Breakfast (French toast / pancakes, bacon & sausage)

11am-1pm – Lunch (Ham and turkey sandwiches, and chips)

6pm – Dinner (Wild game and roast vegetables and all the fix'ins)

Sunday:

9am – Breakfast (Kolaches, cinnamon rolls, and fruit)

11am-1pm – Lunch (Ham and turkey sandwiches, and chips)

Please contact our food steward, Lord Jeffery (Jeffery Michaud) at

coyotedreamer at gmail.com for any questions you may have about the food

BUT WAIT, THERE’S MORE!!!!!!

Entry to the demo is free for those who RSVP (we need a list for the front gate).  CAMPING IS FREE.  Camp site opens Friday (December 10) after 7am (yes, AM).

We will have drive up access to the campsite until 9am Saturday (December 11).  All camps need to be set up by 9am Saturday.  Those arriving after 9am on Saturday will have to park and carry in their things.  Camping is in designated areas only.  Site closes Sunday evening, after the event closes.

No ground fires.

Site is wet in period containers, and the usual request: hide your mundane.

Hotels are nearby for those who choose not to camp or check in with your favorite

Seawinder for crash space. For a list of local hotels, go to the Ingleside Chamber of Commerce website, www.inglesidetxchamber.org.  Click on Chamber Referral Guide tab and then Places To Stay for local hotels.

RSVP needed by December 9, 2010 to assure we have enough food to feed all as well to

insure you are on the guest list at the front gate.

Please send RSVPs to Lady Roysen Arimanna: glassrose_95 at yahoo.com.  We will need

your SCA name, mundane name, whether you will be camping, size of tent (if applicable), arrival date/time, size of A&S display (if applicable), area(s) you would like to volunteer: chivalric, rapier, equestrian, waterbearing, etc.

For even more details, contact  Lord Hallgeirr Olafssonar: byronweber at gmail.com

Goode Gentles of Ansteorra, hear our call and join us!

(Map link to be posted soon on the Seawinds calendar of events page.
When using your map application to locate Live Oak Park, Ingleside, TX,
use the Parkview entrance to the park.)