[Ansteorra] Arc d'Or insignia question

John iaenmor at swbell.net
Mon Nov 22 12:11:34 PST 2010

Mistress Radegund, Robin greeting.  First off thank you to the kind soul
who would like to make bracers for the future members of the Order.  I
am sure the Crowns can always use them.  Mistress Stella made the
original three bracers given out.  They were leather with enamel paint
for the white and black colors.  The one that Fearghus was given has
been passed down to its now third owner and is brought out for dress
reasons only.  One still resides with Gilli and will likely never be
seen again as far as I know.  Don Sebastian still has his and was I
believe wearing it this weekend at BAM.   The other currently worn have
been made by some of the Order and some by others.  My own was made by I
don't know who but was passed to me by Don Christoforo.  So yes we do
pass them down.  They can be functional or not.  If not we will make
ourselves one that is.  Craftmenship is a requirement for induction into
the Order of course.  We would prefer functional but will take a dress
version gladly.

http://www.zackwhite.com/product.php?productid=16799&cat=495&page=1 is
one source of white deerskin which can made in layers for a effective
bracer or it could be backed by 6-8 oz standard leather dyed a different
color.  Make sure the white part is large enough to cover at least the
width of a forearm.  Bracer patterns can be found online with a bit of
searching.

Iaen Mor