[Ansteorra] Herald warrant class at BAM

Joseph Percer jpercer at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 07:31:08 PDT 2010

A warranting class is simply a class that covers the basics of an
office in order to receive a "warrant" from the Crown that you are
qualified and charged to perform the duties of said office. Think of
the Herald's Warranting Class as a Heraldry 101, although it's not
entirely of that context, as it is generally aimed more at the
administrative side of Heraldry in the SCA.

I am sure that if one of the regional heralds has plans to hold a
warranting class, it will be announced in short order. Keep your eye
out here for that information. If you're interested in being a herald,
I encourage you to make contact with your local herald, or if your
group does not have a local herald, the appropriate regional herald,
who's contact information will be in the back of your Black Star.

YiS,

Jayme
Bordure Herald

On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 9:26 AM, Jeffrey <jmclark85 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Would someone be kind enough to explain warranting? I've never heard the term used in the context of heralding, and my first thought was an image of the queen yelling "off with their heads"... Somehow I don't think that is right.

Joseph M. Percer, AAS, LP