[Ansteorra] OT- Knit Your Bit

SoldierGrrrl soldier.grrrl at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 10:43:24 PDT 2010

Please pardon the bandwidth, but as the wind whistles around my house
here in beautiful (grey, gloomy, cold) central/southern Ansteorra, I'd
like to take a moment to thank each and every one of you for the
support you've shown my beloved husband, Ioannes Dalassenos, while
he's been deployed to Afghanistan.

With that support in mind, I'd ask the knitters and crocheters among
us (sadly, I can do neither) to consider supporting this years "Knit
Your Bit-Knitting for Veterans."  Knit Your Bit provides scarves for
WWII veterans in Veterans Homes all across the United States.  In
WWII, knitting was a way those At Home could give tangible, comforting
support to the boys Over There, as well as providing much needed
winter clothing.  If you have the time, please consider donating some
of it to our WWII veterans in the form of a knitted or crocheted scarf
this winter season.  If someone has the time, but lacks the yarn, I
would be happy to donate some yarn for a jointly supported project.

For more information, please visit:
http://www.nationalww2museum.org/calendar/knit-your-bit.html.

In service to Country and Crown I remain,
Helene Dalassene