[Ansteorra] Two cent about Armor rule New Age

k k turnleftatnowhere at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 4 13:22:48 PDT 2010

If you take money from someone else you will wind up taking directions from someone else. There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

It would be very nice to have SCA events look more realistic. It would also be nice to have rules that do not put a straightjacket on what people do and how. I suspect that accepting grants and not having such rules will prove incompatible.

Right now, the SCA is the only thing that puts requirements on what SCA people dress and act like. Think carefully before you put the SCA in a position where it must listen to what someone else thinks SCA people should dress and act like. There are already enough complaints about how the SCA rules even in other countries are driven by California insurance laws. Think twice before you add another layer of bureaucracy in the form of a grant-offering organization's conditions.