[Ansteorra] A Storm is Brewing

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Fri Nov 5 12:56:18 PDT 2010

On Fri, 5 Nov 2010, Bree Flowers <evethejust at gmail.com> wrote:
> My understanding is that the stuff they "fixed" were the passages
> where she quoted period cooking manuals. Apparently the rocket
> scientist of an editor assumed the "spelling errors" were the
> author's mistakes and not because 600 year old recipe books aren't
> exactly using standardized spelling.

That appears not to be the case.

http://gawker.com/5681770/magazine-editor-steals-article-tells-writer-you-should-compensate-me?skyline=true&s=i

has what appears to be a scanned image of the first page of the
article as it appeared in Cooks Source.  If you click on it, you get a
fairly readable larger version.  The text just below "A fourteenth
century apple pie" appears identical to the original at
http://www.godecookery.com/twotarts/twotarts.html

Danihel de Lindo Colonia
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com