[Ansteorra] Why aren't we doing this?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Nov 5 19:48:59 PDT 2010

On Nov 3, 2010, at 9:30 PM, Giertrud Gyldenstierne wrote:

> I think discreet videotaping is best since it does not produce the constant
> flashes and still images may be grabbed from single frames on most modern
> digital video cameras.  (The cameras can also be "dressed up" to look more
> period!)
> YIS,
>
> Giertrud Gyldenstierne

And it has gotten much easier to disguise them than it used to be. One of my favorite stories is of a guy who looked like he was walking around carrying a keg on his shoulder. It wasn't unless you looked real close that you noticed his hand was inside the barrel, controlling a video camera. Of course 20 years ago video cameras were much larger.

cameras-msg (44K) 3/17/08 Use of cameras in the SCA.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/UNCAT/cameras-msg.html

p-cameras-msg (12K) 10/28/05 Notes on period camera obscura.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/UNCAT/p-cameras-msg.html

Stefan

--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com