[Ansteorra] Cut-off Dates (was RE: Why aren't we doing this?)

Chris Zakes dontivar at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 08:39:16 PST 2010

At 09:29 PM 11/6/2010, you wrote:

>Salut cozyns, My point was not that we need to
>limit ourselves to a single century  (far too
>late for that, now) but rather that, since the
>magical  transportation to an earlier era is
>essentially impossible anyway, who  cares if a
>few folks want to play cavalier, muskeeteer,
>Jacobean fop,  or Flemish tailor? It's not like
>anyone's getting thrown off site for  dressing ¨¤ la 1620, 1632, or 1648.

<shrug> Nobody is being thrown off site now for
dressing a decade or two post-period.
Realistically, it's not like 1601 rolled around
and all fashion in Euorpe changed abruptly (any
more than fashion changed abruptly when 2001
arrived.) Much of what was being worn in the
early 1600s was pretty much the same as what was
beign worn in the late 1500s. But unless you want
to see people wearing buckskinner outfits, or
leisure suits, we have to draw the line *somewhere.*

         -Tivar Moondragon