[Ansteorra] ISo Laurels of Instrumental Repute

Pukhta 'Pooky' Lovtsevich pookyloves at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 10:56:16 PST 2010

Fortunes of knowledge and felicitations regarding educational
opportunities be inherent to the bailiwick of Ansteorra's Masters and
Mistresses of the arts and of the science,

I, Your beloved Pooky, just purchased on of these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ORIGINAL-MARX-VIOLIN-UKE-INSTRUMENT-MARXOCHIME-1930-40-/320597880152?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aa51f6d58

It has one broken string. Others are far from harmonic. Are there any
amongst You whom tune and or possibly replace the strings of one of
these musical nick-knacks?

Is the replacing of strings a good thing to do? Is it tantamount to
polishing the patina off ancient brass?

Separate subject: Within the cumulative knowledge of your mutual
enkýklios paideía I yearn to find an engagement of allurement to my
SCAdian future.

Respect and Gratitude,
Pooky

Every moment within the SCA is a precious gift. A precious gift
wherein we might create the memories of every lifetime. Every lifetime
of happiness and joyful memories is The~Dream!
~ Pooky