[Ansteorra] ISo Laurels of Instrumental Repute

Padraig Ruad O'Maolagain padraig_ruad at irishbard.org
Tue Nov 30 11:49:10 PST 2010

I'm not a Laurel, but I do know a bit about stringed instruments.

Strings are meant to be replaceable, and are not supposed to be left on an
instrument forever.  I would recommend replacing all of them at once.  Take the
instrument to any good musical instrument store, and they should be able to help
determine what kind and gauges of strings are needed, and may even be able to
restring it for you.

A quick web search for Marxochime tuning turned up the following site:
http://www.planetgaa.com/HawTiple/index.html

The instrument shown, the Hawaiian Tiple, is a different shape from your
Marxochime, but appears to be similarly strung, and the page explains how to
tune it.

Hope this helps.

Padraig
Bard and amateur luthier