[Ansteorra] ISo Laurels of Instrumental Repute

Jeffrey Clark jmclark85 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 12:52:36 PST 2010

Pooky,

The absolute best thing you can do is to take the instrument to a luthier.
If the wood has been warped or weakend and you re-string it, or if you
string it to the wrong pitch or use the wrong strings you can destroy the
instrument.

Before you do ANYTHING have a professional luthier take a look at it. If you
tell me where you live I can find a good one nearby. If you will be at
Elfsea's Baronial College I can take a look at it, I have had some training
as a luthier over the course of my studies (but you should still take it to
a luthier).

-- AS Zorzi (who is not a laurel, but is a pre-professional musicologist)