[Ansteorra] beaded flowers article

willowdewisp at juno.com willowdewisp at juno.com
Sun Oct 17 14:14:29 PDT 2010

Hi folks
I found this article on beaded flowers and if I push it I could claim that I just got a metal and bead chaplet from Italy. I am making one for Winterkingdom.
http://roxelanab.tripod.com/medievalbeadwork/id5.html
I know I am too old for such a conceit and should be seeing to my soul rather than dressing up but we have a Landed Baroness from Crystal Caverns in the Middle coming to teach and I want to show off some crystal beads I have found.
I really don't want to be the only one to show off this fashion for the Holidays. I really would like to be at all the parties and revels and balls in all of Ansteorra, but my health and poverty will not allow me. Since I can't be there to see your pretty gowns and the Lord's handsome outfits please send me pictures and or descriptions of what you are making.
My lord gifted me with some Spring Green silk many years ago and I was saving it for a "special' time but that never came so I have decided to make a Spring Green Romanques over jacket. I also have a new veil beaded by Lady Sicily that is just the right color. I will be following the North Star customs and wearing amber. Everyone wears Amber in the far North. You know the song "If you go to San Franciso be sure to wear Flowers in your hair" the Northkeep version is "If you go to the North be sure to wear your Amber".
I hope you like the article and I hope to hear from you
Duchess Willow de Wisp