[Ansteorra] Bryn Gwlad's fall baronial

gail young gwynethb63 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 17 19:06:31 PDT 2010

There have been some questions about how our event will work.  I hope this
clears things up.  If not, please email me privately instead of clogging the
list.

For Bryn Gwlad's tournament of Virtue all non-combatants are encouraged to sit
around the field and actively watch the fights, both chivalric and rapier, so
that the combatants may honor those who represent the virtues of nobility.  We
will be searching for those who represent prowess (skill), courage (the ability
to accept defeat), honesty, generosity, faith (belief in the inherent nobility
of all) courtesy and franchise (peer-like qualities).   Any fighter who wishes
to recognize a virtue in a non-combatant may do so and the non-combatant may ask
another fighter to  battle in their name.  For example, should Susy Q want to
recognize Mistress M as her example for honesty, Mistress M would be able to ask
a fighter of her choosing in the list to fight for her against Suzy.  If she
does not know any of the fighters, the marshal in charge will arrange a fight.
We will keep track of who gets recognized for each virtue and reveal those
chosen most often in evening court.

There will also be cards available on which to write your choices to represent
each virtue BUT...you must be present to win<G>  So, come to the event and let's
recognize the virtues of Ansteorra!

gwyneth
autocrat Bryn Gwlad Fall Baronial 2010