[Ansteorra] Bjornsborg's Judgement of Paris Champions

Suzanne hsetrinity at aol.com
Mon Oct 18 10:02:20 PDT 2010

 Greetings, Ansteorra!

For those of you who were unable to attend Bjornsborg's Pas d'Armes in celebration of the myth of the Judgement of Paris, you missed a glorious day filled with fabulous displays of prowess, pageantry, chivalry, art, feasting, and camaraderie!.

We are pleased to announce that the following individuals were chosen as the champions of our Pas:

Hera's Champion - Marita Al-Andalusiyya
Athena's Champion - Centurion Fiacha the Blue
Aphrodite's Champions (because Aphrodite could not limit herself to just one man)  -  Sir Gaston de Claremont and Centurion Michael of Gravesend
His Excellency Philippe's Champion - Lord  Miklos Kardom Gyilkos
Her Excellency Suzanne's Champion - Lord Rhys Andreus

Bjornsborg was also blessed with a display of beautiful works of art, and the following people were gifted with largesse from the goddesses and the Baron and Baroness as their favorites:

Hera's Artisan -  Lady Elisava Illiesca (illuminated piece featuring Hera and her symbols)
Athena's Artisan - Marianna Garcia (sgraffito tile featuring Athena's owl)
Aphrodite's Artisan - Michaela Harper (ceramic pyxis (( jewelry box)) depicting Aphrodite). Of special note, this young lady is 12 years old!
Their Excellencies' Artisan -  Mistress Amata Amati d'Arezzo (majolica plate depicting the Judgement of Paris myth as seen through 15th century eyes)

Congratulations to all of these worthy Lords and Ladies!

To all who graced us with their presence, we were delighted to see all of you there, and hope that you all had as wonderful a time as we did. A special thanks to the event staff and the populace of Bjornsborg for working so diligently to create a tournament that will be lauded by the bards and skalds long after we are all gone.

Suzanne and Philippe
Baron and Baroness of Bjornsborg