[Ansteorra] Boots / Footwear

Miles Grey Kahn at West-Point.org
Wed Oct 13 11:59:28 PDT 2010

To follow-up on my last post in this thread, I visited the Renboots site
(http://www.renboots.com).  It appears that I'm not the only one who has
had the collapsing-heel problem with SCABoots (which are made in
China).  In order to appeal to the budget-conscious among us, Renboots
has create a new line of inexpensive, Made-In-USA boots, "Treason
Footwear" (http://www.treasonfootwear.com.com).  At present, it appears
the only product they have is a "Knee Boot" (which goes by the name
"Mutiny) which looks very much like the Robin Hood from SCAboots.  You
can view it at this link:
  http://www.treasonfootwear.com/Mutiny.html

The boot is a man's boot, in whole sizes from 7-14, and is priced at
$89.  They claim:  "Our knee boot is a 100% leather upper. Sole is man
made-not of a soft material that collapses, but a durable product
offering the wearer traction to boot."  I will order a pair at once.

Treason Footwear's address is the same as Renboots.  It lies within the
boundaries of Ansteorra.  To be more precise, the company's address is
in the Barony of Wiesenfeuer, a mere 9.2 miles from my house.  :-)

  In Service,
    Miles Grey

Disclaimer:  Other than the fact that the owner of Renboots and Treason
Boots patronizes the same liquor store that I do, I do not have any
affiliation with him whatsoever.