[Ansteorra] Seawinds Defender

Lrdwayland lrdwayland at aol.com
Sun Sep 5 21:38:57 PDT 2010

Seawinds Defender XIV (2010)

Quite simply, one of the funnest events I've enjoyed in a long time.
This event had just about everything a person could desire! Great
fellowship, a superb feast, well run & challenging tourneys for both
the rapier & the chivalric. A bardic competition of a martial theme
with entries that got our blood coursing and hearts pounding.

Our new defenders are:

Chivalirc: Centurion Alexius!

Rapier: Don Mateo Montero de Madrid!

Arts and Sciences: Honorable Lady Caitriona inghen mhic Lochlainn!

Gustatory: Honorable Lady Oksana Goncharova

Archery: Lord Kurosh al-Din

Bardic: Lord Hallgeirr Olafsson

Also, a stick horse challenge was held to entertain the Ladies Tea. The
competitors were blindfolded and had to ride through a Saracen head
course, guided by the enthusiastic cheers of the Ladies. Riders were
timed and the fastest was none other than the son of Their Excellencies
from Loch Soilleir.
-Our newest and probably youngest ever, Equestrian Defender  - Connor
MacCaelin,

Congratulations to all of our newest champions!

  Duke Kein MacEwan did a great job of running the chivalric list. We
fought in a wonderful variety of scenarios. A truly challenging  and
exciting tourney!!!!!

His Excellency Don Caelan and Lorenzo of Bryn Gwlad ran the rapier
tourney. There were a -ton- of rapier fighters! I overheard plenty of
talk afterwards about how much all enjoyed it.
Speaking of rapier fighters . . . My sympathy to any who missed Lisette
in what I hear was her first archery competition! She really brings so
much enjoyment to all around her!

Mirabelis, Sonya and Thalassa were fantastic list mistresses. My
co-autocrat Yuming, got to herald court for her first time ever and was
simply amazing!
  I'm so glad everyone chipped in and worked like crazy to make sure
this event was so enjoyable. We only had a few small glitches and each
time there was another person ready to jump in and help get things
done. Way to pull together guys!
  Many thanks to Their Excellencies Caelan & Rhiannon of the Loch and
Baroness Suzanne from Bjornsborg for their royal presence, help and
fellowship.

Wayland
Event Steward