[Ansteorra] New Artisan of Loch Soilleir

Kimberly Langhans sarapenrose at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 26 21:07:49 PDT 2010

On behalf of the outgoing Artisan of the Loch, Lord Brian O hUilliam, I had the
pleasure of hosting this past weekend's competition to select a new Artisan.

While the competition was very close (the top three entries were all within one
point of each other), the new Artisan of the Loch is HL Timur Borte, who
displayed 14th century turn shoes. Vivat Timur!

The format of the competition was single entry, documentation required. We had a
fine turnout of 10 talented artisans who displayed a wide variety of arts. In no
particular order, they were:

Milord Lemoine de Gascoigne
Lady Mairi M'Donnyle
HL Joanna the Spinner
HL Timur Borte
Lady Jillian St. Andre
HL Oksana Goncharova
Lady Petronia Casta
Lady Isolde die Waeyer
Baron Bors of Lothian
Master Galen of Ockham

I'd like to thank all the entrants for coming to support the competition. Your
participation honored our Barony, as well as our Baron and Baroness, who were
pleased with both the turnout and with the very high quality of all the entries.

Also, thanks are due to Lord Brian O hUilliam for creating a beautiful original
scroll for the winner, to Lady Katrine la Escolpiera for kindly watching over
the competition items while I attended a circle, and to the twenty (!) judges.
We were fortunate to have both a Laurel and a non-Laurel judge for every single
entry, and I am grateful to all these kind folks for their judging assistance:
Mistress Suzanne Gabrielle Marie Beraud, Milord Beau of Bordermarch, Mistress
'Stacia Travarra, Lord Gunthar Waldmann, Master Tadgh mac Aedain Ui
Chonchobhair, HL Willoc mac Muiredaig, Mistress Ameline du Bois, HL Amalia
Zavattini, Mistress Charla Noel du Lac, HL Caitriona inghean mhic Lochlainn,
Mistress Gwyneth Blackrose, HL Alexandria Doyle, Mistress Kasilda Kubasek, HL
Cristyana Lambrecht, Mistress Melisenda de Barcelona, HL Hedwig von Luneborg,
Master Godwyn Alfricson, Centruion Alejandro Ramirez Mendoza, Mistress Gwenneth
of Glamorgan, and Don Tristan von Heidelberg.

Thank you to our outgoing Artisan, Brian, for representing the Loch so well over
the last year, and congratulations to our new Artisan, Timur.

Kind regards,
Sara Penrose
Loch Soilleir