[Ansteorra] Mack Cooper of Cooper's Lake Passed

Haraldr Bassi ansteorra at haraldr.drakkar.org
Fri Apr 1 18:54:46 PDT 2011

Greetings your grace,

Mack and Betty Cooper are the parents of Dave, Kenny and Al cooper. Dave is the current primary
owner/operator of Coopers Lake Campground and has been for many years. Mack Cooper hadn't been
involved in the day to day stuff in several years, but could be seen every summer with Betty
passing through the campground on their golf cart. Several times they had stopped and watched
our spring pole lathe and other things we were doing in camp.

In the early years, he was very instrumental in how Pennsic evolved, given it was basically his
family business that was playing host.

It is sad, though not entirely unexpected to hear of his passing. He did indeed have a nice long
run.

I know that my laurel and grand laurel knew him much better than I did, having camped in his
yard in the past if I recall correctly. My grand laurel, Mistress Morganna, has been involved in
Pennsic Gate activities more years than I care to think about and worked closely with all of the
various Coopers over the years.

I know many/most of the Coopers were made granted court baronies in the past, but don't recall
if it was all of them or a subset. I could certainly consult the household memory storage and
get a more detailed answer if anyone is interested.

In service,
Haraldr Bassi

... whose first war was PW12 and has only missed one Pennsic since PW21 (my second year in
Ansteorra when we were so far under on our house we couldn't manage the expenses and it really
really hurt to miss it).