[Ansteorra] General Sam Houst Folk Festival / SCA

David Brown lddevin03 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 18 18:05:43 PDT 2011

Come one Come all!

The Barony of Raven's Fort will be holding a 3 day demo at the Sam Houston Folk
Festival in Huntsville Texas, April 29th, 30th and May 1st. You can come for 1
day or stay for all 3. Period camping is available on the Festival grounds and
there are several places around town at private homes to camp or crash. Hotels
are available in the area as well.

The Barony of Raven's Fort will be re-creating the village of Hughstown, a
Scottish village in the low lands of Scotland around 1153. Sir Hugh de Padinan
was the baron of this village and is the great grandfather (20 times removed) of
General Sam Houston.

*You know that big statue on the highway northbound just as you get into
Huntsville on I-45? THAT is General Sam Houston.

We need artisans of all types! We need folk to come and be villagers. We need
both light and heavy fighters. Please come help us out. Great way to grow the
SCA and possibly your group. Invite your mundane friends as well. For more
information visit www.samhoustonfolkfestival.org

Fighters please contact Baron Brian du Val.

YIS

Lord Devin O'Donnabhain