[Ansteorra] You are invited!

shark shark75080 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Apr 24 14:33:15 PDT 2011

Greetings to the people of Ansteorra!

Spring is here and warm winds are blowing in the Barony of the Steppes reminding
one and all that it is time for Steppes Warlord. You are warmly invited to this
historic event, held on May 27 – May 30th in Canton, Texas, at the Canton Trade
Day's site. We are also hosting Royal Huntsman and plan on having a full range
of archery events to please the Kingdom's archers.

The theme this year is Courtly Love and is based on King Rene's book, Le Livre
du Cuer d'amours Espris (The Book of the Love-Smitten Heart, 1457).  Throughout
the event you will see many aspects of the book incorporated into the activities
and ambiance from site tokens to the red and white banners hanging all over the
site.

Come compete for the titles of:
Steppes Warlord
Steppes Champion
Steppes Archer
Steppes Bard

We will also have these competitions:
Middle Eastern Dance
Beer, Ale, and Lager Competition
An Arts and Sciences Competition
Thrown Weapons

Enjoy the air-conditioned hall Saturday and Sunday. A Hafla will be held on
Saturday Evening After Court!

For more information check our website often for information and updates on the
event, schedules, and activities:
http://steppes.ansteorra.org/warlord

FEES:
Adult: $15.00
Ages 6-18: $6.00
Under 6: Free
Family Max: $45.00
Non-member Surcharge $5.00

Make checks payable to SCA Inc. Barony of the Steppes

Stewards:
H.E. Honour du Bois
MKA Misty Hosey
3015 Country Square Dr. 1040
Carrollton, TX 75006
972-689-0464
honourdubois at verizon.net

Lady Susanna Nightegale
MKA Susan Harkins
441 Lowell Ln.
Richardson, TX 75080
972-768-2757
shark75080 at me.com

Merchant Coordinator:
Contact Lady Maeve Dianotto at jwtopp at peoplepc.com to reserve space.

In Service,
Lady Susanna Nightegale, Steppes Warlord co-Steward