[Ansteorra] Netiquette

tmcd at panix.com tmcd at panix.com
Thu Aug 4 13:26:54 PDT 2011

My apologies for double posting my reply yesterday, and for reposting
unmunged a spammer's URL.

On Thu, 4 Aug 2011, Kerry Pratt <kpratt at sw.rr.com> wrote:
> 3.  Trim your posts.  Believe it or not, there are still people on
> dial up.  They don't want to see the entire message text that has
> come before.  Some information is necessary but not the whole
> conversation.

Perhaps more common are people who read the digest form -- all the
messages for a day or so are bundled into one message.  I can't
imagine how tedious it is for them to receive N^2 copies of an
original message, or to page down and down to see the one line of
added text that's often no more than "lol...".

Also, trimming helps make the point clearer and faster to see.
If I'd top-posted that paragraph above the entire previous message,
it would have taken time to try to figure out what I was referring to.

Danyell "I cannot say enough about brevity" Lincoln
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at panix.com