[Ansteorra] new regions

willowdewisp at juno.com willowdewisp at juno.com
Fri Aug 5 14:48:10 PDT 2011

this breakup of regions isn't new. It was the same as the proposed breakup into three principalities. I believe that it is  a little misleading because some of the groups listed are on some kind of suspension. Lindenwood for example, but if I am wrong then that is great. Also I believe it would be better to list the groups as to their size and pop. and the pop of the RL(Real World). This would give a sense of potential growth
The historical reason that the kingdom had a coastal and a Southern regions was because of the development differences of the Houston area and the groups who developed on I-35. I one time the I-35 alliance was very strong.
i suspect this is not an issue any more. If their is any split in culture any more it would be the needs of a group nestled in a metroplex vs the needs of groups nestled in sparely populated area.
A small town or city will only have limited number of people and it is very important to conserve every person. A large metroplex or a stronghold or college is always getting new people and can afford to pick and choose.
I have seen that officers from large cities seem not to understand the needs of SAC groups from smaller cities. This has led to policies that have hurt these  groups. When organizing a region I believe that the purpose is to provide regional officers that can advise the Crown as to the needs of the people in their region. To achieve that goal was the thinking of  splitting Ansteorra into originally five regions then to four when the East was made part of Southern because there was four sets of needs and mind thinks.
Of course this system does not work if the Crown and the Crown officers don't keep it running by the proper choices of regional officers.  The old system lasted for 25 years and worked quite well it wasn't until the system shifted to simply a reporting system rather than a system to administrate the kingdom.
Duchess Willow de Wisp
willow