[Ansteorra] Pattern Question

Cherie Weed cherieweed at suddenlink.net
Mon Aug 15 18:35:45 PDT 2011

I have not worked with the patterns you listed.  However, I have worked with
the following:

RH203 - Elizabethan Corsets
RH504 - Kampfrau or Common Woman's Dress
RH506 - 1560s Doublet & Pluderhose
RH110 - ECW Soldiers Coat

On each of these patterns I had the same problem.  The sizing was not
proportional, it was linear.  By that, I mean the smallest size seems to be
increased all the way around to make it larger instead of increasing only
where it needs to be.  In each case, I have had to make a mock-up (or take
the mock-up that someone brought over after trying the pattern) and spend a
couple of hours taking in and/or adding fabric to make them work.  I do
expect some degree of fitting when I make a purchased pattern, but these
were so far off that I scrapped two of them altogether and just drafted them
myself.

If you are on the lower end of the sizing scale, you shouldn't have any
problems.  If, like me, you have an appreciation for Snowballs and
snickerdoodles, you will have a long road ahead of you.

Sabina