[Ansteorra] LWGL #484 reporting from Laurels Prize Tourney

LORD Hanse lordhanse at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 14:31:52 PDT 2011

As is usually the case, the Leather Workers Guild Local #484 was at the
heart of the Arts and Science happenings this weekend, administering our
patented and highly scientific Leather Identification Test to leather
workers from around the kingdom (and to practitioners of the lesser arts, as
well... we allow everyone to participate regardless of taste or ability-
even if you're a pig-farming Swedish cook, a Burgundian pipe-toodling
armorer, or a German pysanki landskaninja).

Two noteworthy events occurred:

   1. We were able to administer the test to actual leather working laurels.
    Well, one- we scared the second one off and one other wasn't ripe yet.  As
   expected, he did quite well, scoring 22 points out of a possible 30; the
   highest score achieved so far outside of the test architects from within the
   guild.  The #484 tips it's hat to Master Diarmuid of Shoemaking Fame.
   2. Master Diarmuid's record held for approximately 12 minutes.  HL Czina,
   from Bjornsborg, immediately followed him and scored a perfect 30/30.  She
   also set the record for fastest test time ever.

For perspective, the average score on the test has been 9/30.

The LWGL #484 would like to take full credit for Czina's achievement in this
area as she is one of our remote research affiliates via the Great Book of
Faces.  Look for us at events that draw the powerful and influential if
you'd like to take the test or if you just need a boost to your social
status by having a sketch done next to a few of our prestigious brotherhood
(Price varies from member to member- Lord Giovanni only charges 25 Trimaran
ducats for the service).

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Leather-Workers-Guild-484-Barony-of-Bryn-Gwlad-Ansteorra/<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Leather-Workers-Guild-484-Barony-of-Bryn-Gwlad-Ansteorra/177961772244592>

Recovering from Red River Roadtrip Rash and as always Humbly Yours,

Lord Hanse Cleermaeker
LWG Local #484 Bryn Gwylad
Sgt. At Arms
Acting Guildmeister